Western Hygiene "Safe Return to Work" Product Guide.
Western Hygiene is here to help protect your business: reopen and maintain business operations safely, protect your staff and your customers, run all processes smoothly in this new normal and keep your hygiene routine at the highest and safest levels possible.
Therefore, we have created a new Product Catalogue that includes all items you might need, all in one place.
Extensive range of products is available in our Online Shop. Our team is always ready to answer any queries, provide professional advise on hygiene practices and recommend the best possible solutions for your particular business, including excellent cost-in-use tools. Contact your local representative our our Customer Services team for all your hygiene needs.
Click to Download Western Hygiene Product Guide.
How To Choose an Effective Disinfectant Gel against the Coronavirus
Below is an abstract from a newsletter from our chemical supplier Thomil Profesional.
Against the strong demand for hands sanitizing and hydroalcoholic gels, a multitude of “false disinfectants” have appeared on the market, that do not complete with the standers required and marketed as “Effective against the Coronavirus”.
Before acquire one of those products, we have to be sure that the label include the following data:
1. It’s very important to figure the register number awarded by sanitary authorities. That means that the gel has passed the evaluation process from a health point.
2. In addition, the UNE-EN 14476 standard must appear on the packaging, which certifies its viricidal efficacy. If you don't locate it, the gel is likely to be bactericidal but not have enough characteristics to eradicate the virus.
3. In their composition, it must have at least a 70% of alcohol. Completing these requirements, the disinfection of your hands is Secure, in addition to count on a legal product, with all the guarantees of EFFECTIVENESS. In summary, we must avoid those hydroalcoholic gels that are not endorsed by the Health Authorities and do not show viricidal activity.Following the recommendations given above we recommend the use of Bacteromil Gel, a Thomil products that has all the guarantees for the complete and safe disinfection of hands. it complies with the UNE-EN-1500 (Antiseptic by friction), UNE-EN-13624 (Levuricide) and UNE-EN-14476 (Virucide) standards, being effective against Coronavirus. Irish PCS number is 100475.
Prevention is the best solution int he fight for COVID-19
!Click here to buy the product.
Hygiene and cleaning in schools: COVID-19 response plan for safe reopening of schools.
The Department of Education will provide additional funding to schools to support the enhanced cleaning required to minimise the risks of COVID-19. Details of the funding supports will be provided to schools by way of circular and will be updated as required. The funding will be provided in advance of reopening.
The specific advice in relation to school cleaning is set out in the HSPC health advice for schools and will be covered in the induction training. This advice sets out the cleaning regime required to support schools to prevent COVID-19 infections and the enhanced cleaning required in the event of a suspected cases of COVID-19. Schools are asked to carefully read and understand the cleaning advice and to apply that to all areas of the school as appropriate.
Schools are reminded to take particular care of the hygiene arrangements for hand washing and toilet facilities.
In summary, each school setting should be cleaned at least once per day. Additional cleaning if available should be focused on frequently touched surfaces – door handles, hand rails, chairs/arm rests, communal eating areas, sink and toilet facilities.
All staff will have access to cleaning products and will be required to maintain cleanliness of their own work area. Under no circumstances should these cleaning materials be removed from the building.
Staff should thoroughly clean and disinfect their work area before and after use each day.
There should be regular collection of used waste disposal bags from offices and other areas within the school facility.
Shower facilities shall not be available for use by staff or pupils due to the increased risk associated with communal shower facilities and areas. This shall be reviewed in line with government guidance.
Staff must use and clean their own equipment and utensils (cup, cutlery, plate and so on).Click here to Download COVID-19 Interim Recommendations for the reopening of schools and educational facilities
Make the Safer Choice vs. Air Dryers - New Global Hygiene Survey* results during COVID-19 pandemic
*2020 Survey conducted by United Minds in cooperation with CINT. The survey covered UK, with more that 1000 respondents.
The pandemic has brought new challenges to facilities, relating to Hygiene, Emotional Factors and Responsibility. We are entering a new hygiene standard where hygiene is no longer seen as basic.Tork, an Essity brand, has launched a new hygiene survey and campaign which shows an increased global preference for paper hand towels over air dryers due to COVID-19.
Click here to see the survey results and learn more.
Essity Safe to Work Toolkits
Our Supplier and Partner Essity have developed a campaign and range of toolkits to help businesses to reopen. Their message:
"The COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly evolving, and now we all must do what we can to help. As global experts in professional hygiene, we want to support workers on the front line with information on how to minimize contagion by maintaining proper hygiene practices in the workplace.
Different businesses have different hygiene needs. Safe at Work toolkits below that can help support your business in creating a safer working environment for your employees."
Click to Download your Tork Safe at Work toolkits.
Return to Work Safely National Protocol.
The Return to Work Safely Protocol is designed to support employers and workers to put measures in place that will prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace when the economy begins to slowly open up, following the temporary closure of most businesses during the worst phase of the current pandemic.
The Protocol should be used by all workplaces to adapt their workplace procedures and practices to comply fully with the COVID-19 related public health protection measures identified as necessary by the HSE. It sets out in very clear terms for employers and workers the steps that they must take before a workplace reopens, and while it continues to operate. A high-level consultative stakeholder forum, under the aegis of the Labour Employer Economic Forum will be established.
This forum will include membership from the various bodies with responsibility for health and safety at work and for public health more generally. The forum will allow for ongoing engagement at national level on implementation issues in light of evolving public health advice and other factors. The Return to Work Safely Protocol, is the result of a collaborative effort by the Health and Safety Authority (HSA), the Health Services Executive (HSE) and the Department of Health and the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
Click to Download the Return to Work Safely Protocol.
Click to Download Checklist 1: Planning and Preparing
Click to Download Checklist 2: Control Measures
Click to Download Checklist 3: Induction
Click to Download Checklist 4: Covid Case
Click to Download Checklist 5: Disinfection
Click to Download Enterprise Ireland Covid-19 Business Support Brochure
Non-Rinse Sanitising Gel:
- Disinfects hands without having to rinse them;
- Bactericidal action;
- 70% Alcohol;
- PCS No. 100475;
- Code: HAHP062;
- 8 x 500ml.
Protect your hands after frequent washing and sanitising with Tork Hand & Body Lotion
- Non perfumed with caring ingredients.
- Ideal for normal, dry and sensitive skin.
- Protects skin from excessive dryness.
- Sealed refill with single use pump.
- Reduces risk of cross contamination.
FootBath Disinfection Kit
A solution that will help maintain high levels of hygiene in your premises.
- Foam pad foot bath for footwear disinfection.
- Combine this with Bacter Quat cleaner.
- Helps prevent spread of disease & infection.
- Neutral pH will not damage floors.
- Reduces spillage & amount of solution required.
Thomil Bacter Quat and Tork Reflex
- Thomil Bacter Quat: pH Neutral Cleaner Disinfectant;
- 3D product: Cleans, Disinfects & Deodorises;
- Food industry approved: Reg. N. UNE-EN 13697 – Bactericidal and Fungicidal;
- Tork Reflex Portable Dispenser: Reduces consumption by up to 37%;
- Delivers excellent Cost-in-Use results;
- Easy to carry around or attach to a cleaning trolley.
Earloop medical mask
- 3 ply protected pleated mask;
- Fluid repellent / waterproof;
- FDA approved;
- CE marked/EN 14683/Type 1 medical grade;
- 95% BFE;
- Packing: 50 masks per box;
Degreasing & Disinfecting
Thomil Degrass D-40 Bac and Tork Wiping & Cleaning range
- Alkaline formula for deep cleaning, degreasing and disinfection;
- 3D effect: Degreases, Disinfects & Deodorises;
- For all washable surfaces & utensils;
- Tork Wiping Paper: ideal for mopping up liquids and drying hands;
- Tork Heavy-Duty Cleaning Cloth: highly absorbent, thick and very durable, withstanding hard scrubbing.